Swing is an OS X menu bar app that lets you easily upload content to your App.net file storage. Paid users start with 10GB of storage, while free users start with 500MB of storage. Paid users can upload files up to 100MB in size, while free users are restricted to a maximum of 10MB files. When the files are uploaded, they’re marked public, so they can be shared via messages or mail.
It looks like this:
- OS X 10.7 or higher
- App.net account (free or paid, if you don’t already have an account, you can now make a free account using the App.net Passport)
Here’s what it does:
- Dragging files or folders to the icon uploads to App.net and makes them public (albeit behind an unguessable URL).
- Single files
- Folders or bundles as a Zip archive named “
- Multiple files/folders as a Zip archive called “Archive.zip”
- Hold down Option while dragging to the icon to have the original file moved to the Trash after uploading.
- Automatically upload screen shots, and optionally move them to the Trash after uploading.
- Uploads images from the clipboard with a global shortcut.
- Adds the permalink URL to that file to the pasteboard and adds the filename to the files list.
- Clicking on the items in the menu will copy the URL to the clipboard.
- Option-clicking on the items in the menu will open them in the browser.
- Displays the five most recent Swings, newest on the top.
- Displays window with all Swings
- Double click a row or hit Return to copy the URL to the clipboard.
- Option-Return opens the URL in a browser.
- Delete a selected row by pressing the Delete key, or using the context menu.
- Control-click (or right-click) to get a context menu to copy, open, or delete Swings.
- Reports on your quota.
- Supports multiple users. Double click users in the Accounts table to activate. Delete users by selecting and pressing the Delete key.
- Shortens URLs using the counterpart swng.it domain.